Church of god
420 Cardinal Drive
Bourbonnais, IL 60914
Sundays @ 10:45a
A small congregation began worshipping at 105 E. Broadway in Bradley, Illinois on March 11, 1951.
In November of 1955, the church purchased a building on Kankakee Street.
In February of 1960, the church relocated to 1429 East Broadway and Monroe Street in Bradley, Illinois.
On March 21, 1993 the church moved to the present location at 420 Cardinal Drive. The church complex occupies over 16,000 feet of floor space.
Pastors who have lead this congregation include James Cotter, Kenneth Gerhart, Don Rhein, Sam Nelson, Victory Fraley, Don Clark, Phillip Raines, Terry Beavers, Byron Powers, Robert Baker, and Michael Lebuhn, Sr.
Rick and Glenna Sexton have served the congregation since December of 2001.
Our Pastor & First Lady:
Having met in high school, Rick and Glenna Sexton fast became high school sweethearts. They became husband and wife soon after in 1980.
Both Rick and Glenna grew up in local church congregations but sensed a greater hunger and desire for God’s will in their lives. March of 1985 was the time they totally committed themselves to the Lord and His work.
Through the years they have been the pastors of churches in Bowling Green, Hartford, Manchester and Hodgenville, Kentucky as well as a congregation in Portsmouth, Ohio.
They have been serving the Worship Center in Bourbonnais, Illinois as lead pastors since December of 2001.
Besides their commitment to God, they consider being parents, in-laws, and grandparents their highest calling in life. They are the proud parents of Marc and Jared and equally as proud of their daughters-in-love Tameeka and Samantha. As “Pops and Gigi,” they are absolutely crazy in love with their 5 grandchildren, Harper, Mikey, Virginia, Benny, and Grayson.
Our Pastoral Staff:
Director of Women's Discipleship
Children's Discipleship Pastor